Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

...Nothing...

I have nothing to say today...so, you can consider this an empty post...("empty" should be figurative, I suppose, since there is "something" filling the post...although that "something" is nonsense...)

I think I have far too much fun with ellipses...I always loved them--three little dots in a row, perfect for drawing off my lisping thoughts...but after I discovered that they have a name--well, what more needs to be said?..Anything with a name is precious...

It turns out that my foreign language skills put the "rude" in rudimentary...(note ellipses)
I've trickled through in school. But I've never stretched myself into a language. And so, I wind up with only a few vocabulary pebbles, and very weak accents...

A case in point...

Young relative: "Kaitlin, say something in Latin!"
Kaitlin (mumbling): "Salve...quid agis..."
Yr (wonderingly): "Soggy squid? That's Latin?"


Many blessings your way...
...Kaitlin...

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment